Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The Government website is the best location to find the latest guidance and advice on COVID-19 as it becomes available. As the situation is changing rapidly the Council may not be in the best positioned to keep pace with developments.
Winchcombe Town Council has released an information reference document, containing information on
- Health advice
- Keeping up to date with information
- Useful links
- Information for Employers and Business
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
In most cases, COVID-19 is mild, but everyone should remain vigilant and carry on with good handwashing and personal hygiene measures, which include:
- washing your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds each time with soap and water or hand sanitiser, especially on the following occasions when you:
- Get home or into work
- Blow your nose, sneeze or cough
- Eat or handle food
To protect yourself and others remember to:
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- It is really important to ensure you clean your hands after taking public transport
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Catch it - Bin it - Kill it:
- Catch it - use tissues to trap germs when you cough or sneeze
- Bin it - bin used tissues as quickly as possible
- Kill it - wash your hands often, with warm water and soap
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment
If you are worried about your symptoms, call NHS Direct on 111, or use the NHS Coronavirus information pages.
Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Further information is also available from Public Health England website.