The Planning Committee is responsible for all planning matters relating to Winchcombe.
A Chairman will be elected every year.
Minutes will be kept by the Clerk at all meetings.
A hard record of all applications, comments and results will be kept in the Town Council office - usually maintained by the Clerk.
Areas of responsibility, duties and powers
- Read, discuss and comment on all applications within the time allowed
- Meet at least twice in a month to ensure responses are given in time
- Read, discuss and comment on all applications for Footpath alterations
- Read, discuss and comment on proposed names for new developments
- For contentious applications, allow the public time to speak before the Committee discusses and makes a decision
- Refer applications for very large developments to Full Council, if time allows
- Report on any possible contraventions to planning regulations to the Clerk in order for her to inform the appropriate department at Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Receive a report from the Clerk on contraventions she has received from other Councillors
- Report on application decisions from Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Report on the position of contraventions from Tewkesbury Borough Council (not minuted as confidential information)
- Decide on when and whether a Housing Needs Survey is required (usually every 4 years)
- Update Winchcombe Town Design Statement as required
Members of the Planning committee are:
Forthcoming Planning committee meeting
Wednesday, 3rd March 2021
Minutes of latest Planning committee meeting:
Wednesday, 20th January 2021
To view a list of archived minutes for the Planning committee, please click here
Minutes are archived online for upto two years, where available