Winchcombe Town Council is delighted to be able to confirm progress towards the commencement of the creation of Winchcombe Park. Work has begun on site this week with initial ground investigations carried out by Intégral Géotechnique. This will shortly be followed by archaeological investigations being carried out by Cotswold Archaeology. The results of both investigations will be submitted to Tewkesbury Borough Council to satisfy the final pre-commencement conditions associated with the planning permission for the new park.
In preparation for the start of the construction phase in spring 2021, the Town Council has now commenced with their procurement process to shortlist suitable landscape contractors to be invited to tender to deliver this large scale landscape project. The works will include:
- Site clearance and earthworks to create facilities suitable for access by everyone;
- Vehicle and pedestrian entrances off existing highways;
- Surfaced car park and footpaths offering access throughout the year;
- Activity area including a multi-use games area, wheeled sports facility, outdoor gym, petanque terrain, aerial slide;
- Street furniture such as seats and bins, fencing, lighting, CCTV;
- Extensive tree, shrub, and bulb planting; grass and wildflower seeding;
- Swales and sustainable drainage features;
Below is a list of relevant documents and plans available to view.
Click on a thumbnail to preview the document, or on a link to download the .pdf file.